Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oakland Overnight

My Uncle Greg and Aunt Kate live in Oakland, and they are the closest relatives to Folsom.  Our visits are infrequent but always memorable.  This past weekend I decided to make the drive down and just have a chill weekend with them.

Two things I wanted to capture from this trip.  First, here is what I saw as I pulled off the highway into Oakland: 


Hilarious -- just what you'd expect in Oakland right?  :)  Hopefully you are noticing the two sedans in the right lane with monster-truck sized tires.  No whistle tips though!

Secondly, Kate made a fabulous dinner on Saturday night with fish and butternut squash tacos with mango salsa, fresh corn, chipotle coleslaw, and queso fresco.  Yum ...  the butternut squash ones were VERY, VERY good.  I hope to get the recipe and replicate.


No comments: